The morning after our perfect wedding we had a delicious brunch casserole made by my lovely parents. And we celebrated Scott’s birthday! Our guests started packing their things and hitting the road one by one. So many hugs and love … Continue reading
We woke up the morning of our wedding to overcast skies and a steady drizzle. The fields surrounding the hostel were draped in dense fog and dotted with fall colors. It was beautiful, and “they say” that rain is good … Continue reading
As I look back on it, the week leading up to our wedding is all a big beautiful blur. There are dozens of lovely snapshot moments that I remember as though they just happened a few seconds ago. And then … Continue reading
That’s how this summer was. Has been. Whatever it is now that it’s September. At any rate, it absolutely flew by! In the blink of an eye. I miss writing and blogging and sharing so here’s a little catching up. Since my last post I have:
1. Finished another year of being an assistant teacher.
2. Switched jobs to work in the office as administrative assistant.
3. Spent two phenomenal weeks traveling in España with my wonderful mom. We flew into Barcelona and met up in baggage claim after a year apart. Suddenly, as I was walking toward baggage claim, I heard someone running toward me and looked over and there was my mom! I took off toward her and we crashed into a huge hug in the middle of baggage claim. It was epic.
We spent a week in Barcelona, seeing as much as we possibly could.
And then flew to Madrid for another incredible week.
4. Traveled to Massachusetts to visit family and work on planning our wedding.
5. Taught three weeks of summer camp.
6. Trained for my new position as administrative assistant.
7. Spent a week with my mom before she went back to Kuwait for her second year of teaching there.
8. Had a wedding shower and a bridal shower.
9. Started my new position as administrative assistant.
10. Celebrated my best friend and Maid of Honor’s birthday!
11. Lots of wedding planning with Scott!
So there you have it – a brief recap of my summer. And now we’re less than a month away from The Big Day!!! I can hardly wait!
Celebrating 7 incredible years with the love of my life! It has been quite the last 7 years and I am so excited to see what happens next in our life together! I could blab on and on and on about how much I love him and what an extraordinary adventure this has been, but instead here are 7 things.
1. He is so handsome in plaid – and it’s a good thing because he wears a lot of it. He is handsome all the time.
2. He makes me laugh every day.
3. He helps me see things in a new light and challenges me to be my best.
4. He supports me always.
5. He loves me unconditionally.
6. I love him more than I thought it possible to love someone.
7. And I get to marry him and live happily ever after!
I love you so much, Scott!
A month in review:
1. I am going on a trip to Paris over my Spring Break with my Grandma! I have been taking a French class for the last couple of months and it has been amazing. I am so excited!!!
2. Our sweet Lily passed away after 14 years of unconditional love and is now resting in peace. She was such a beautiful princess and is so missed, but she is in a better place. I imagine that she has found the biggest stick in heaven and is playing keep away in the greenest sunniest grassy meadow. Rest in peace, sweet Lily. I love you!
3. These tulips helped bring hints of spring into our home. It feels like sunshine in a jar!
4. And we have some coming up outside the door, along with some hyacinths!
5. Planning a wedding with this handsome man has been the best adventure of my life! I can hardly wait to be married to him.
6. Also, these two cuties drove down from Michigan to visit us and the ever so talented Leigh took our engagement photos! Hooray! It was so wonderful having you two visit. Can’t wait to see you again soon!
7. Things are starting to bloom ’round these parts! It makes me giddy every time I see them. Ahh spring! How I’ve missed you.
8. Also, ice cream is the bees’ knees. Especially on warm, sunny days.
9. Most especially ice cream eaten with this handsome fella.
10. And spring warmth means Wedge weather! ‘Nuff said.
My life juggling has gone to a new level – full-time job, planning a wedding, yoga, French class, Spanish class, trip to Paris, trip to Spain, and all of those other sundry life delights. Somehow it all feels just perfect. This year is full of so many blessings. And I am so happy!
So we had some snow. And it was lovely! We got about 8 inches and it was marvelous! I had three snow days, one of them with Scott too. We had so much fun walking around and taking in all … Continue reading
Every afternoon at the end of the day, once the children are all packed up and ready to go home, we have a Thank You Circle. We go around the circle and write down two things that each person is thankful for on a tile and the children are free to go and look at it throughout the day. We have one child who has a lot of trouble choosing just two things so we helped him come up with a way to encompass them all:
“I am thankful for all the people (or ‘things’, if it really can’t be narrowed down) I love in my life.”
It is a humbling reminder that we have so much for which to be thankful and to stop and really think about it from time to time.
Today was one of those days where I just couldn’t stop thinking about all the things I love in my life. We set off on an adventure this afternoon to “peep some fall leaves” (thanks to the leaf peepers) and found ourselves way out of cell phone service and almost in Tennessee. As locals we tend to avoid the Blue Ridge Parkway during this leaf-peeper season because it just ends up being a parking lot and it’s not as enjoyable as one might hope. What we stumbled upon today was far better than we could have imagined. I found myself glued to the window, leaning forward to see more of the views, in absolute awe of the unbelievable beauty of the mountains in which we live.
WE LIVE HERE.
The leaves this time of year are absolutely spectacular. Admittedly, it is past peak in some places, but in others it is right in the midst of all the fall color glory. I found myself swooning over the scenery in Southern Appalachia – the changing leaves, the crisp air, the old barns and houses, the creeks trickling over rocks, and the twisty roads that we had almost entirely to ourselves were right out of one of those novels you just don’t want to put down. At one point we realized we had absolutely no clue what the time was, nor did we care. We just followed the curves of the road from one majestic creek to the next. It was like magic out there.
My heart is overflowing with gratitude. For all the people I love in my life, for this breathtaking place where we get to live, for the home I share with the most incredible partner, for my job and all my tiny munchkins. I am one lucky gal, that’s for sure.