That’s how this summer was. Has been. Whatever it is now that it’s September. At any rate, it absolutely flew by! In the blink of an eye. I miss writing and blogging and sharing so here’s a little catching up. Since my last post I have:
1. Finished another year of being an assistant teacher.
2. Switched jobs to work in the office as administrative assistant.
3. Spent two phenomenal weeks traveling in España with my wonderful mom. We flew into Barcelona and met up in baggage claim after a year apart. Suddenly, as I was walking toward baggage claim, I heard someone running toward me and looked over and there was my mom! I took off toward her and we crashed into a huge hug in the middle of baggage claim. It was epic.
We spent a week in Barcelona, seeing as much as we possibly could.
Serendipity Number 1: Summer festival with people building human towers in the square where we were having breakfast.
Incredible headstone statue in one of the cemeteries in Barcelona.
My beautiful mom in Barcelona!
I’m still so glad we got these hats.
And then flew to Madrid for another incredible week.
First dinner in Madrid
Serendipity Number 2: We happened to arrive in Madrid on the Coronation Day of their new king!
Valle de los Caidos // Serendipity Number 3: We visited Valle de los Caidos on Corpus Christi Sunday during their service and saw part of it when they brought the procession outside.
Museo Nacional del Prado
Opera at Templo de Debod
El Escorial Monastery Selfie
Stork Nesting on a Gothic Cathedral
Arco San Vincente
Roman Aqueducts in Segovia
Serendipity Number 4: Spanish Armed Forces practicing for a parade at the Palacio Real.
Palacio Real Selfie
Plaza del Sol Selfie
4. Traveled to Massachusetts to visit family and work on planning our wedding.
5. Taught three weeks of summer camp.
6. Trained for my new position as administrative assistant.
7. Spent a week with my mom before she went back to Kuwait for her second year of teaching there.
8. Had a wedding shower and a bridal shower.
9. Started my new position as administrative assistant.
10. Celebrated my best friend and Maid of Honor’s birthday!
11. Lots of wedding planning with Scott!
So there you have it – a brief recap of my summer. And now we’re less than a month away from The Big Day!!! I can hardly wait!